There is another solution – Make a Claim against the contractor or his insurer
By going this route we may be able to cover the cost of remedial work and redecoration. If we can prove that the results of the failed insulation (damp and mould) have adversely affected your health – this may also be lead to compensation.
Do you have grounds for a claim?
A typical claim can be anywhere up to £15,000 for a brick built and £50,000 for a stone built property. Failure rates are high particularly in coastal areas. So if you feel that your installation could be the cause of damp in your property then why not make a claim – there is no cost to you the homeowner.
To establish that you do have a valid claim there are a number of questions that need answering:
- Have you had cavity wall insulation installed in your property?
- Are you a tenant or do you own the property?
- When was your house built?
- Is it stone built, brick or other material?
- Which type of insulation material was used: Urea formaldehyde foam, polystyrene beads or blown mineral fibre.
- The problems you have noticed must be as a result of this failed installation (which is more common than you think). We need to rule out other causes such as inadequate ventilation, rising damp and structural issues such as failed pointing.
- Have you noticed damp patches or mould on the internal walls?
- Can you be sure that the problems are not caused by other factors such as guttering issues, rising damp or condensation?
- Has your property become cold and damp leading to health problems?
- Do you know who carried out the installation work?
These are the issues we need to trace back to your original installation. If you are a tenant in a property showing signs of damp then please confirm this with the landlord.
>What will help to make your claim easier to process?
This is the point where having any of the paperwork from the original installation company is or real importance. These could include:
- Quotes or invoices describing the work
- All warranty or IBG guarantees
- Any photographic evidence of how the property looked before and after the installation
- Your signed contract or agreement
- Do you have a copy of the property assessment report
- Any correspondence you may have
Why you should entrust us with your Cavity wall Insulation claims?
We work with a team of specialist property surveyors and legal staff and vast experience of successfully processing these claims
- A typical claim could be up to £15,000 for a brick property and £50,000 for a stone built house.
- Our services are no obligation and require no upfront costs – we take a percentage of the claim (25%) that you would not otherwise benefit from.
- We are aware of and are able to overcome the tactics that those responsible for the problem hide behind.
- Left untreated your home could lose its value and your health could suffer – why not get compensation now.